Please note: This article is specifically for the Springfield theme.
INSTALLING THE THEME
So you’ve purchased Springfield & you’re ready to get started– great!
When you download the theme package, you will receive a zipped folder titled “Springfield_theme“. Unzip this first folder. Within the unzipped theme package, you will find a number of folders such documentation, logo image files, etc. There is also 1 additional zipped folder within, titled “springfield.zip“.
Important: DO NOT unzip this “springfield.zip” folder! This particular .zip folder should remain zipped.
1- Go to your Dashboard, navigate to Appearance –> Themes –> Click Add new –> Click Upload –> Upload theme file, then click Activate.
2- After uploaded the theme, A message appears, Click Begin Installing plugins
3- Check all plugins, select install, click Apply
4- Click Return to Required Plugins Installer
5 – Check all plugins again, but select Activate, then click Apply.
By default, the Homepage of wordpress is a Blog page that show only the posts. To make your Homepage looks like the demo of Springfield theme:
1- First, go to your Dashboard –> navigate to Pages –>
- Create a “Home” page, look at the right side: Template –> Select “Homepage“
- Create a Blog page
2- Navigate to Settings –> Reading –> check “A Static page“, then
- At Front page –> Select Home page (that you’ve just created)
- At Posts page –> Select Blog page
ADDING IMAGES FOR SLIDER
Go to your Dashboard –> navigate to the Slider –> create a few of Slides for your blog. Remember to add the Feature image for the Slides.
ACTIVATE THE MENU BAR
- Navigate to Appearance –> Menus –> Create a new Menu if you have not yet. Adding the Home and Blog items to your Menu.
- Check “Primary Menu” to activate this menu.
SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS AND FOOTER SETTINGS
- Navigate to Appearance –> Customize
- Add your social media accounts at Social media settings
- Add/edit the copyright text at Footer Settings
ALMOST DONE! YOU HAVE NOW A BASIC HOMEPAGE, IT LOOKS SIMILAR LIKE THIS:
Now we will add the sections for the Homepage such as: Promo Boxes, About, Gallery, Lastest Posts… Take a look to the next article.