The Shop page is created by a free plugin titled “Woocommerce” which is supported by the Tansy and Caroline theme. We link here the WooCommerce resources to answer any questions about the shop feature (click the links):
Below, we will give you a general overview of how to setup your webshop.
First, you install the Woocommerce plugin for your blog:
- Log into your WordPress site.
- Go to: Plugins > Add New.
- Type ‘WooCommerce’ into the Search Plugins… field. You’ll find the plugin as the first result.
- Select Install Now.
- Select Activate Now, and you’re ready to get started!
Take a look to this video tutorial, if you haven’t installed WooCommerce on your WordPress before, you will be greeted with a screen asking you if you’d like to run the WooCommerce Setup Wizard.
After you run the WooCommerce Setup Wizard, you should now see 2 new menu items within your dashboard on the left-side. One is titled “WooCommerce” and the other is titled “Products“.
Lauching your shop
To display the Shop items on the Menu bar, you go to your dashboard, navigate to Appearance –> Menus –> add the Shop, Checkout and Cart items to the Menu Structure, then Save. To save space, you can always nest the “Cart” and “Checkout” options beneath your main “Shop” menu item to create a dropdown.
Creating a product is easy like as you create a post for your blog. Take a look to this video tutorial:
You can always access and edit your WooCommerce’s settings via the Dashboard > WooCommerce. Here, you’ll see there are numerous setting sections listed within your Dashboard’s left-side menu nested beneath the “WooCommerce” item. There are also a number of tabs at the top where you can edit your webshop.
For more details on WooCommerce’s settings and options, take a look here: Settings & Options.
- By default, the Shop page will be full width, if you would like to enable the sidebar, you go to the dashboard, navigate to Appearance –> Customize –> Shop settings –> check the box “Show Sidebar“
- The “Shop layout” allow you can change the product columns on Shop page to 4 columns or 3 columns
- Settings the Shop Sidebar: you go to the dashboard, navigate to Appearance –> Widgets –> add the widgets as you want to the “Shop Sidebar” area.