We use a free plugin titled “Loco Translate” to translate the theme, that is definitely the easiest way, you don’t need any coding knowledge to do:
- Log into your WordPress site.
- Go to: Plugins > Add New.
- Type ‘Loco Translate’ into the Search Plugins… field. You’ll find the plugin as the first result.
- Select Install Now.
- Select Activate Now, and you’re ready to get started!
How to translate the texts:
- Navigate to Settings > General admin screen and scroll to the bottom. You should see a dropdown list with the label “Site Language“. Changing this will set a new default language for all site visitors. Try it and you should see something like this:
- Navigate to Loco Translate –> Themes –> select the “Tansy” theme
- Click “New Language”
- Choose a language, this must be the same language as “Site Language” option that we did at the first step. Check the box “Custom:”, then click the “Start translating”
- Once on the editor screen you’ll see all the strings the theme has defined in its template file. Untranslated strings are shown in bold blue. To start with they will all be untranslated. Select the English string at the top and enter your translation in the pane at the bottom. Be sure you save changes when you’re done!