The Every Weekend theme support the following Footer widget areas:
- 4 columns widgets titled “Footer 1, Footer 2, Footer 3, Footer 4“
- Footer Full Blog Width (used for Mailchimp Sign-Up Form widget or the banner ads)
- Footer Full-Screen-Width (used for Instagram Slider widget)
The Every Weekend theme support for the plugins called Instagram Slider and Mailchimp for WP to show up the Instagram Feed and Subscription Form at the Footer . If you have followed step by step the instruction on the documentation, this plugin is already install on your blog. If you missed it for some reason, you go to your Dashboard, navigate to Plugins –> Add New –> Search for term “Instagram Slider” and “Mailchimp for WP” > Install Now > Activate Plugin.
Instagram Feed Footer
We use a free plugin called Instagram Slider widget to show up the instagram feed, if you have installed all plugin requireds, this plugin is already installed on your site.
You go to your dashboard, navigate to Apearance –> Widgets –> add the Instagram Slider widget to the Footer
We recommend setting:
- Number of photos to be 6
- Template to “Thumbnails“
- Number of Columns to 6
- Ensure your Instagram profile is set to “public“. The images will not show if your profile is “Private“.
- Do not place the @ symbol in front of your username in the widget.
If the above plugin don’t work as expected, we can also use this free plugin called WP Instagram Widget create the Instagram photos at the Footer of site. If your blog have not this plugin, you go to your Dashboard, navigate to Plugins –> Add New –> Search for term “WP Instagram Widget” > Install Now > Activate Plugin.
Then, navigate to Appearance –> Widgets –> add the Instagram widget to the Footer area, then fill your informations, put the “Number of photos” to 6
The subscription form will be managed by Mailchimp – an email service at mailchimp.com where you will manage the subsribers, create email template and create a weekly newsletter Campaign.
- Go to your dashboard, navigate to Mailchimp for WP, click the “Get your API key here” link.
- At the Mailchimp.com page, you sign up an account and get the API key, if you can’t find the API key, take a look to this article tutorial
Step 2- Navigate to Mailchimp for WP –> Forms –> Clear default form code in the big text box, then replace by the following code instead:
Be sure to save changes when you’re finished.
Kindly Note: If you’d like to change the text from “Never Miss a Post!” and “Subscribe for latest stories and promotions” to something else, you can do so on the 1st and 2st line of the above code, but it should be a short texts.
Step 3 – You navigate to Appearance –> Widgets –> Add “MailChimp Sign-Up Form” widget to Footer. Leave blank for the widget title, then Save.